조회 : 1,286  

자연과학종합연구원 특별 세미나 일정을 안내드립니다.

일시 : 5월 1일 화요일 오후 5시
장소 : 공학관 107호
제목 : Modular-Processing Methodologies for Organic Solar Cell Development
연사 : 김종복 박사 (Princeton University)
Modular-Processing Methodologies for Organic Solar Cell Development
Jong Bok Kim, Princeton University
Soft elastomeric materials, such as poly(dimethylsiloxane), PDMS, have recently been exploited in emerging processing methodologies for electronics. For example, soft-lithography, where microelectronic structures are fabricated by using soft elastomeric stamps, molds, or masks, has provided the opportunity to generate micrometer to nanometer scale features at low cost. By exploiting the elastic instability of soft matter, quasi-periodic structures, such as wrinkles, can also be generated; these structures have been incorporated to enhance the stretchability of electronics. Also, soft-contact lamination, where individual functional components can be separately prepared on soft elastomeric stamps and then laminated against other functional components, provides modularity for fabricating organic transistors and organic light-emitting diodes.
Among such soft-processing methodologies for electronics, where soft elastomeric materials are key elements for processing, I will present two examples to demonstrate their usefulness for optoelectronic devices such as solar cells. (a) I will demonstrate the generation of wrinkles and folds to manipulate incident light in organic solar cells. While previous work has focused on the enhancement in mechanical properties of devices with wrinkles, optical properties have not yet been explored. More importantly, folds, which stem from non-linear elastic instabilities and are fundamentally different from the instabilities that generate the wrinkles, have never introduced to electronic devices and their capability to manipulate light also remains unexplored. Here, I will demonstrate the ability of folds to significantly enhance light harvesting efficiencies in organic solar cells [1]. (b) I will introduce soft-contact lamination for organic solar cell applications and demonstrate the reversibility and versatility of the technique. Specifically, by preparing metal electrodes on elastomeric substrates, metal electrodes can be reversibly laminated and delaminated against photoactive layers, providing a means to directly probe once-buried photoactive layer-metal electrode interfaces after device fabrication and testing. Also, the capability of soft-contact lamination and delamination to independently prepare and optimize electron donor an electron acceptor on different substrates makes it possible to fabricate planar-heterojunction solar cells without solvent damage during sequential deposition of function layers, providing the opportunity to systematically study processing-structure-function relationships without taking complicated phase-separation into account. Here, I will demonstrate such usefulness of soft-contact lamination and delamination for organic solar cell development [2, 3].
[1] Jong Bok Kim, Pilnam Kim, Nicolas C. Pégard, Soong Ju Oh, Cherie R. Kagan, Jason W. Fleischer, Howard A. Stone, Yueh-Lin Loo, Nat. Photonics, accepted (2012) .
[2] Jong Bok Kim, Stephanie Lee, Michael F. Toney, Zhihua Chen, Antonio Facchetti, Youn Sang Kim, Yueh-Lin Loo, Chem. Mater. 22, 4931 (2010)
[3] Jong Bok Kim, Zelei Guan, Antoine Kahn, Yueh-Lin Loo, Org. Electron. 12, 1963 (2011)

관심있는 분들의 많은 참석을 부탁드립니다.

泥긽湲덉踰 넻빀寃깋